Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hizzoner the Mayah Is An Idiot

Racist Mayor Dwight Jones is living proof that intelligence and deductive reasoning are not pre-requisites for elected office. It's one thing to support an issue, but to join a public demonstration against legislation intended to reinforce voter eligibility in the Commonwealth and tell everyone witihin earshot it's a Republican trick to keep blacks from voting for Democrats is just stupid beyond description and very, very racist.

Let me make several things very clear, Mr Jones; I don't care what color you are. I do not care what you do or who your mama was. I do care about who votes in the Commonwealth and I want the people who cast votes to be legal residents of the Commonwealth and eligible to cast a vote. Verification of residency is step one in the process, and the best way to verify residency is with a driver's license or state-issued photo ID. Its not racist to demand proof of your eligibility to vote. Its not racist to insure the voter rolls are up-to-date and the people whose names are on those rolls are eligible. I have to show my ID every time I vote. They check the name and address on the ID with the name and address on the voter roll.

What I want them to do is demand to see my Voter Registration Card, which I carry everywhere and have never been asked for.

Get a clue, Mr Jones. This legislation is not a white racist plot ginned up by The Man to keep the brutha down. Its simply good citizenship.

"Cause there's somethin happn'n here and you dont know what it is, do you, Mr Jones?"

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home