Monday, January 02, 2012

Holder Math: How the Obama DOJ & the Media Tricked South Carolina And Protected Voter Fraud

Holder Math: How the Obama DOJ & the Media Tricked South Carolina And Protected Voter Fraud


This entire scam – there’s no better word for it – is based an interesting but totally irrelevant math quirk; when numbers are small, the difference between them is larger.
An Easy Math Trick
To understand the math behind this, let’s start simply and look at two very small numbers – 1 and 2.
If you had one dollar and I had two dollars, I have one dollar more than you. However, if I wanted to try to impress someone, just telling them that I was a dollar wealthier probably wouldn’t work. In an effort to sound more impressive, I could find a way to pump myself up by claiming that I had twice as much money as you. It’s true, of course – 2 is twice as much as 1 — but just knowing that I had twice as much money as someone else doesn’t really paint the whole picture.
If I want to get extra-fancy, I could also say “I have 100% more money than that person.” This is saying the same (misleading) thing as “I have twice as much” in a slightly different way. There’s a simple equation for determining this percentage difference for any two numbers.
(X / Y) – 1

So in this case, ( 2 / 1 ) – 1 = 1.

To get the ‘percent’ we just move the decimal point to the right two times and we get 100%.

Here’s the quirky part — as numbers get bigger, this difference decreases. Now imagine that you have $100 and I have $101. I still only have one dollar more than you but because the numbers are larger, I can’t pull my ‘twice as much money’ claim trick. In fact, I only have 1% more money than you.

(101 / 100 ) – 1 = .01.

Move the decimal and you’ll see that 101 is 1% more than 100. And of course, saying ‘I have 1% more money‘ doesn’t sound that impressive.

In both cases, I only had one more dollar but the lower the numbers, the more impressive I can make the difference sound.

Now, in both of these examples, the simpler way to express our financial differences is to say “I have a dollar more than you” or by spelling it all out, such as “I have two dollars and you have one dollar.” The whole bit about ‘twice as much money’ or ‘100% more’ is just a way to obfuscate the truth that I only have one more dollar and it works only when the numbers are low.

Thus ends the math lesson.

This intentional obfuscation is exactly what the Federal Government and the Holder Justice Department did to the people of South Carolina. They used this same mathematical quirk to hide the truth about the actual statistics and the media dutifully repeated the ‘Holder Math’. Unfortunately, the state of South Carolina was also bamboozeled by this simple math game and failed to expose what the Obama DOJ was up to.

Now that you’re armed with the knowledge that the difference between low numbers is exaggerated, let’s set the record straight.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home