Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Curious Case of the Martyrdom of Frances Fox Piven

The Curious Case of the Martyrdom of Frances Fox Piven

Last week, I was enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee while perusing my local New Jersey newspapers online. That moment of serenity promptly evaporated when I was jolted by a headline that read, “Stop the Vitriol of the Right? A Lesson From the ACORN Tragedy.”

What? This wasn’t the Huffington Post or Media Matters, it was my local NJ online news site. After reading it, I initially dismissed the post, shrugging it off as an asinine tirade by the author, John Atlas, who also lives here in NJ and is a very active supporter of ACORN and hostile to any views that aren’t on the far left. While I almost expected the lecture about promoting civility in the wake of the Tucson tragedy, it was the ugliness of his rant against the right and the stretch he made to connect it all to ACORN that befuddled me. Nearly a week later, that post was still on my mind.

Then came the left’s latest meme against free speech, and this bizarre charade of hoisting Frances Fox Piven as their newest martyr. Ah, now it made sense.
Read the rest

Labels: , , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home