Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Lot To Be Thankful For

I am thankful first and foremost to live in America. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to live anywhere else. (I can, but I won't.) I am very thankful for the dedicated men and women of the United States Armed Forces, standing the wall, walking the fence line in far away places, making sure I get to enjoy everything America stands for. Without those Warriors, we'd be lost.

One year ago today I woke up in an ICU with a breathing tube down my throat, a tube in my neck and several more exiting my body just above my bellybutton. I hurt in places I didn't think you could feel pain and all I could think about was getting that damn tube out of my mouth.

During that ordeal, I learned just how many friends I really have and I have to admit, it is humbling.

Thank you to everyone who sent prayers and good thoughts my way and Happy Birthday Tankerbabe.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home