I really could care less what the party machine thinks or does. The grassroots will place into nomination the people we think will uphold our Founding Principles.
GOP purity test proposed
The vice chairman of the Republican National Committee is promoting a proposed resolution that would warn 2010 GOP candidates that if they do not respect the party's "conservative values," they will not receive the financial backing or endorsement of the RNC.
The ten conservative principles, as distributed by the RNC, are as follows:
(1) We support smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama's "stimulus" bill.
(2) We support market-based healthcare reform and oppose Obama-style government-run healthcare.
(3) We support market-based energy reforms by opposing cap-and-trade legislation.
(4) We support workers' right to secret ballot by opposing card check.
(5) We support legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants.
(6) We support victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges.
(7) We support containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat.
(8) We support retention of the Defense of Marriage Act.
(9) We support protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing healthcare rationing and denial of healthcare and government funding of abortion.
(10) We support the right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership.