Monday, May 05, 2008

Time To Vote

for America's Favorite Mom. Blackfive has the post up but you can click here and vote for Patti Patton-Bader, founder of Soldier's Angels. Just do it. Trust me, you'll feel better.

In other news:
I received a message from my adopted son in Iraq this morning. Gathering of Eagles has been covering him up with letters and mesages of support. He got the two CARE packages I sent. He is upbeat, tired and was very happy to get the 80 pounds of beef jerky I sent. (Just kidding about the 80 pounds. It was actually only 10 pounds.)

Personal news:
I wasn't going to blog this until I actually had my first introduction, but it's so good I have to share just a little bit. I am now OFFICIALLY a grandfather.
For those of you curious, Ashleigh Jordan, AJ to her friends, is a delightful 7 year old with a penchant for magic and the ability to collect large sums of money for the American Cancer Society. Her mother, my daughter, is fantastic. I'll elaborate when I return from Phoenix after Memorial Weekend. Yes, there is a road trip in my immediate future.
Of course, while I'm there, I will visit with some our friends, like Modern Conservatives' Chris Cook and a few others I have been electronically connected to. Should be a fun weekend in the Southwest.

Don't forget to drop by The Talon and read the latest from my buddy Rurick.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home