Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Citizens Report On Iraq

I've had a couple of unusual and interesting phone calls. One was a Webb/Warner opinion poll. First time I've ever been polled and, boy, was it fun.

The other was from a contributor to the Citizens Report On Iraq (released today) wanting to interview Iraq Veterans and their families. Both my son and I responded to questions from the interviewer.

A large part of the report contains responses collected from active duty military, their families, veterans and the wounded as well as Gold Star Family members. Linda Deming, who gathered and edited the information, also includes anecdotes from men and women who have served in Iraq. I am grateful to her for giving them a "microphone" so their voices can be heard.

The Citizens Report On Iraq contains perspectives and information that was not represented well, if at all, by the Iraq Study Group Report and for that I am grateful.
For instance, is the "Roach Motel" concept working? One of the authors certainly thinks so.

I would quote a few excerpts but it is a PDF document with security locks so the copy function doesn't work, at least for me.

See also: FreeRepulic.com and Michelle Malkin

Labels: , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home