Friday, December 29, 2006

Gold Star Mom Debbie Argel Bastian

We feel honored that the mother of Capt. Derek Argel left a comment on f22's post, To MSM: Let Freedom Ring! We have moved her remarks to the front page and added a few links.
"Thank you for your comments. I have had a few ugly ones from Phillyblogs.

All I can tell you is that some of us are making an effort to make a difference for our troops. We sent six tons of gourmet coffee and cookies in time for their Christmas.

We
visited Iraq ourselves to hear comments from the troops, tell them that despite our loss, we are their family and support them. We met wonderful people that thanked us for the United States, President, Bush, and our son's lives.

My son was on a classified mission the day he went down. I did not even know he was deployed. I am proud of his service, all special ops, and regular service.

I encouraged our troops on
Neil Cavuto not to pose with Kerry on his visit during the holidays. I am proud of all of these efforts, as I know my son would have done the same. Bless you for your post."

Debbie Argel Bastian
Proud mother of Capt. Derek Argel, USAF Combat Control, KIA Memorial Day, 2005, Diayla, Iraq


Thank you, dear lady. May God bless and keep you always.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home