Wednesday, June 19, 2013

TWA 800-17 Years Later

H/T AmericaC2C

TWA Flight 800 Investigators Break Silence

Posted by Juls
A group of whistleblowers, including a number of aviation experts,  have come forward in a new documentary to claim that the official explanation  for the crash of TWA Flight 800 was wrong and a gas tank explosion did not bring  down the flight off the coast of Long Island 17 years ago.

However, the six whistleblowers, all part of the original  investigation team, stopped short of saying the plane was shot down.

Flight 800, a Boeing 747, had just taken off from JFK airport  with 230 people aboard on July 17, 1996 enroute to Paris when it exploded and  crashed off the coast of nearby East Moriches, Long Island, killing everyone on  the plane.

“..This team of investigators who actually handled the wreckage and  victims’ bodies, prove that the officially proposed fuel-air explosion did not  cause the crash,” reads a statement by the producers of the film, which will  debut on cable network EPIX next month. “They also provide radar and forensic  evidence proving that one or more ordinance explosions outside the aircraft  caused the crash.” However, the statement said they did not speculate about the  source or sources of any ordinance explosions.

The whistleblower team, which includes investigators-at the  time-from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), TWA, and the Airline  Pilots Association, have since retired from their positions. They claim that at  the time, they were placed under a gag order by the NTSB, which they charged  falsified the official conclusion of the cause of the crash. They indicated they  would elaborate more in a Wednesday media briefing.

The NTSB report, the culmination of a four-year investigation,  suggested the cause of the explosion was due to an explosion in the gas tank  caused by a short circuit.

With conspiracy theories immediately swirling around the crash –  one being that it was caused by a terrorist missile strike -- the FBI conducted   a 16-month investigation and concluded that there was no evidence to  indicate that any criminal act occurred.

Labels: , , ,



Post a Comment

<< Home