Sunday, June 09, 2013

I Have The Coolest Friends

I spent most of Saturday evening with my BFF SKK, Fishmugger, (who is pretty cool even for  a YankeeBoy), a former Tomcat driver (Instapinch),  a very cool Federal LEO, my buddy Chadley, a nature photographer who is also a staunch troop suppporter, a smokin hot Romanian girl (Serena, you just know she's hot), and our special guest for the evening was.... Richard Miniter. Yep, Richard Miniter. Absolutely the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet and funny as hell. I had no idea he was the guy who retooled the Washington Times Editorial Page back in the early 90's. He's the reason I would go out of my way to find a copy every morning. You have no idea how difficult it was to find one of those orange newspaper dispensers in Richmond in the 90's. I still have copies of those papers in my desk. I just knew he was (and is) a great story teller. He's got several books already out and more on the way. Everyone should go out right now and buy all the books he's written to date, and make sure you get the two he's got coming out in the fall. Well worth your investemnt. He loved my strawberry/peach honey-dew vine water, my smoked pork and my BBQ sauce, so I had to give the man a quart.(Of BBQ Sauce) I mean, someone pays you a compliment on your cooking, what the hell else is there to do?

I had smoked up a couple of nice pork loins, put some peach/strawberry honey-dew vine water in a Mason jar, grabbed the Goldschlager bottle with the apple pie on a whim and headed north. Stopped at the USMC Heritage Museum to replenish my faded decals and took a few pics to share on Twitter.

Heres one from the parking lot:
Never get tired of seeing that.
Here's a heliocopter:
If you've never been to the Marine Corps Heritage Museum, what the hell is wrong with you? Get up there. 45 minutes from Richmond. Seriously. You'll thank me later.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home