Thursday, March 24, 2011

Republicans Shouldn't Take Tea Party for Granted

Republicans Shouldn't Take Tea Party for Granted
“What is it about the November election that Republican leadership doesn’t understand?” That is the first question I ask any Republican elected official who works in Washington. Each response from the numerous conservative Congressmen has been some variation of “they just don’t get it.” The Congressman who I met with said basically what I already knew, “House leadership has no plan to cut spending, repeal ObamaCare and is not conservative.”

Beyond that, the Congressman reported that he’s even heard Speaker Boehner speak derogatorily of the tea party behind closed doors. I’m not surprised. I have often said the Republican elite would like to see the tea party movement go away much more than the Democrats. I spoke last month with another Texas conservative Congressman who reported that Boehner has surrounded himself with “yes” men who are not conservatives and, if they once were, have sold their souls for leadership positions. Do you hear me Jeb Hensarling?
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home