Sunday, November 01, 2009

Words From Iraq

All is going well here in Iraq. The weather has finally cooled with mid 80s for a high and mid 60s for a low and we have not been attacked for a couple of weeks now, Praise God. We had the first thunderstorm of our tour of duty earlier this week and I must say it was kind of odd to see. We haven't seen a storm like that since we left Ft Hood, Texas back in May. Though the storm mixed with a dust storm made it quite a mess to walk in.

But all is going well as we continue to prepare for the democratic process to pass its next test with national elections in January. Success is being made everyday and has even been sustained through the horrific attacks like those that occurred on the 25th. A difficult road lies ahead and much work still has yet to be done, but I have never been so convinced of the existence of the good in the human soul till I came here. Never since 9/11 have I seen such compassion, determination and dedication to the cause of freedom and liberty. It has truly been a blessed and joyful experience. I look forward to sharing so many more stories upon my return home next spring.

Attached are pictures we took yesterday morning in front of the Al Faw Palace here at Camp Victory in Baghdad. The Al Faw Palace currently serves as the headquarters for all Multi-National Forces in the Iraqi Area of Operations. The picture is of the team that I work with here. We are an odd and crazy bunch at times, but truly remarkable people. I am in the front row to the left. (Remember my political friends, that though I might look like I am on the left in the picture, from my side I am still on the right ;) hahaha)

I will soon begin writing a few articles about some of the great events and stories
that occur here and I will send them out to you all as I complete them. So keep an eye out for them.

I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I only ask for your continued prayers for our military, for our government and for the republic as a whole. Pray especially as you go and vote next week, for so much is at stake!!! But know that we are doing well, our morale is high and our dedication to the principles we took an oath to defend are steadfast and unwavering, despite the antics of Washington. I hope all is well with all of you and that God continues to bless you and keep you. I look forward to seeing you all upon my return about 6 months from today.



Labels: , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home