Sunday, September 06, 2009

Take a Vet to Lunch

Veterans day is almost here.

Take a Vet to lunch.

From the site:

As Memorial day passed this year, I began to think of this year’s upcoming Veteran’s day and my plan to continue the “Take a Vet to Lunch” tradition started last year. It was at this point that I thought I should spread the word. My plan is to start with a web site, some simple promotion, and hopefully, by Veterans’ Day 2009, every living US Military Veteran will be taken to lunch. My plan is to assemble some features of the web site that will help local organizers and send email reminders as the day approaches, while fostering a community and forum for other ideas to honor our vets.

It’s a very simple thing. It’s appreciative without being overly ceremonial, and simple enough that most Vets will accept it without too much fuss. I have found most Vets to be humble in their acceptance of any fanfare for what they consider to be a dutiful task, while themselves being almost aggressively thankful to others who have made similar sacrifices.

If you register on this site, I will try to send an email reminder so that you can carry out your own “Take a Vet to Lunch” program this year. My plan is to post ready-to-print fliers and promotional materials here for people to use at their own place of work.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home