Sunday, April 26, 2009

Back At the House

The last three days were, to put it mildly, EFFFFING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is entirely too much to cram into just one post, so we'll be updating and posting for the next three, six, eight, 14 days...maybe. Cargosquid wil have a better post up shortly. He's actually turning into quite the little reporter and managed to embarass me only once all weekend. I however, tried to emabarass him at every turn. (its a Navy/Marine thing)

First, because I am a responsible conservative and have many many many many non-responsible liberals who need their mortgages paid, I had to work Thursday and Friday, so I missed the best Marine ever, Major Pain, who had to make a last minute trip back to where ever he had to make a last minute trip back to. (you really didn't think I was going to tell you did you? Some things are still sacred). He was on his way back Saturday night from where ever it was he went Friday, and my BFF, Mrs Diva, and I had a blast texting him while he was driving back and we were consuming Coronas and Bailey's. Anyway, I missed the one person I REALLY needed to talk to. Oh well, everything happens for a reason.

Friday night, I get to Arlington in time to see Bouhammer's lastest project, "At War".
Guys, let me tell you something: this film ROCKS THE HOUSE!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my grubby little fingers on the DVD, which will be out sometime around the end of the summer. This movie has some great music, and features some kick-ass MLDK (Major League Door Kicker) Canucks who will forever be heroes in my mind. These guys are fearless. It also has some NG (National Guard) units from Utah, Oregon, and Washington state who are no slackers either. If you want to see the ground truth from Asscrackistan, this is the film to see. This blog will keep everyone updated on the release of the DVD.

After the movie, my LLNWL was glowing a steady red, so I schlepped outside to the balcony and my other favorite Marine and documentary film-maker JD Johannes was doing the same thing. (Ya'll remember Outside the Wire 07 which I blogged about after the 2007 CPAC.) JD has another one ready for ya. "Baghdad Happens". I have my copy. Its mine. NO ONE WILL GET THIS COPY. (I still can't find my copy of Outside the Wire...it's out on loan and making a circuit. It'll be home soon.)

So after JD and I re-acquaint ourselves, we grab some chow and I bout dropped my beer. Standing against the wall, looking very menacing, is none other than Bill Roggio. Holy Crap!!!!
THE MAN!!! (I actually met Bill at CPAC 2007 as well, and he remembered me. That always astounds me.) Bill and I start talking and I'm telling him about our rally in June, and he's onboard, and MAY, MAY be able to make it. So he asks about my background and I'm explaining how I got started with rallies and the Walter Reed/Code Oink incident and I say the words "Protest Warrior" and his eyes light up, he gets really animated and tells me how much he loves PW. (Bill is a Jersey boy, he's serious, he's Italian, and he was absolutely beside himself when code oink started their BS at WRAMC). He had heard about my exploits, and told me how much he appreciated what I did. How cool would it be to hear Bill Roggio tell stories about Iraq?

OK. I need some sleep. CS will have some more, including our little trip to Prince William County Sunday morning where, thanks to JP from milblogging.com, yours truly got to drive an APC and my A#1 USOGirl Jamie didn't. (neener neener)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home