Friday, March 13, 2009

We Surround Them in Hanover - Updated!

UPDATE: Well, finally got here....

These lovely ladies, that worked incredibly hard, can say that their efforts in support of Glenn Beck and his 912 Project were a resounding success. My thanks to Laura Glover, Angie Parker, and Debbie Wetlaufer for a great party. They showed that any citizen can mobilize hundreds of people if the cause is right. We Surround Them is a up and coming organization and these women have it right. We should use this momentum to build. Scott and Richard Lee, of The Lee Brothers Talk Show, proved once again why they remain the best two headed talk show in Richmond. They even convinced me to get out of bed early on Saturday. Now THAT'S a miracle. Fine music was provided by Kim Taulbee and Rick Henretty. Their music can be found at Support The Flag.com.

The WST Team put on a heck of party! And our thanks also go out to Sports Page Bar & Grille. They were able to make us feel right at home.




They even put up special decorations for the party.....
My Favorite poster:

9 Principles, 12 Values, Unite or Die


CargoSquid will have more to add in his own indomitable style, but I wanted to get something up before I forgot. (SEE ABOVE, Sorry I'm late....)

BZ's to Laura Glover and her team for organizing this thing over in Mechanicsville Friday night. I should not have been surprised to learn that Laura is a Navy vet, but I always am, especially when they're drop dead gorgeous. (Its a Marine thing. I won't apologize for being a guy. I don't judge by appearence, but if a Lady is attractive, I won't be shy about noticing it.)

The turn-out was tremendous. I estimate over 300 people between the two locations. BZ's also need to go out to Sportspage Bar and Nacho Mama's for hosting this event in Hanover.

I see some good things coming out of this. I believe folks are finally realizing there is strength in numbers and I look forward to working with all these folks.

I think the most important thing about this, to me, was the reassurance that there are like-minded people who understand the importance of the principals America was founded upon.

What the government is engaged in right now is what Frederic Bastiat referred to as "leaglized plunder". I encourage everyone to get a copy of "The Law" by Frederic Bastiat and place it right next to the Constitution and the Declaration. Read it and apply the conditions Bastiat is addressing to our present day situation. The similarities are "spooky".

Glenn is right of course. We need to maintain this momentum and take this to the streets. There is a March on Washington being planned for 23 May, which coincidentally, is Memorial Weekend which means there will be thousands of bikes in DC. Might be a good time to express our opinion.

I would urge everyone to be in DC on the 23rd of May and stay until my Victory in Iraq Rally on 13 June. (Just kidding..but you need to be at both)


I finally met the Lee Brothers. Gave them each a FreedomWorks t-shirt. They are a class act. I will honestly make an attempt to get up on Saturday morning and listen.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home