Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No Sleeping on the Job

GOING TO WAR WITH THE YANKS

Russell Storring is a sergeant with the Canadian Army, and has been a signals operator for the 17 years he has been in the military. He completed his third tour of duty in Afghanistan in November 2008, having served there previously in 2005 and 2003.

I know there are some Canadians who view the U.S. military and foreign policy with suspicion. But from my own experiences, I am wholeheartedly thankful to call them allies and brothers-in-arms.

On my second tour in Afghanistan in 2005, I didn't work with U.S. forces as much as I did other NATO troops and I quickly realized that I missed the professionalism that the Americans bring to the table.

On a couple of occasions, for example, soldiers from other nations were caught sleeping in the guard towers overlooking Camp Julian. Doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling when the people guarding you are sleeping on the job.




Thank you, Sgt. Storring, for your service, your alliance, and your kind words....

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home