Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking Chance - HBO in February

BUMPED AND UPDATED:

HELP!

HAVE LOST HBO! WOULD A FAN OF UCV PLEASE RECORD THIS MOVIE?! WOULD BE HAPPY TO COMPENSATE YOU FOR THE TAPE!


If you do so, please leave comment or contact me by my email: cargosquid@aol.com

THANKS!


Follow up at BLACKFIVE: Letter from the Corpsman that was with Chance and an email from BGEN Kelly who, also, was with Chance. Go Read.


About 4 and half years ago, a letter was posted on BLACKFIVE that can bring tears to my eyes just in remembrance. I thought, at that time, and until just recently, that this story would just be another of those human interest stories of the US that never sees widespread distribution.

Taking Chance

Chance Phelps was wearing his Saint Christopher medal when he was killed on Good Friday. Eight days later, I handed the medallion to his mother. I didn’t know Chance before he died. Today, I miss him.

... I told them about our trip. I told them how, at every step, Chance was treated with respect, dignity, and honor. I told them about the staff at Dover and all the folks at Northwest Airlines. I tried to convey how the entire Nation, from Dover to Philadelphia, to Minneapolis, to Billings, and Riverton expressed grief and sympathy over their loss.

BLACKFIVE included Taking Chance in his book The Blog of War, (Great Book!) and LCpl Chance was one of those to whom the book is dedicated.

Well, now the letter is now an HBO movie, airing Saturday, February 21st. If you don't have HBO, buy someone that does a pizza and go over there.


Labels: , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home