Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dominion Power Is Making An Effort to Produce Clean Energy

Before you get your panties in a wad about the price of electricity, think about what you're getting for your money. Frozen steaks, air conditioning, hot water. It's what makes this country great.
Dominion Resources has invested $350,000,000 (yes, thats MILLION) in a system that scrubs the emissions from it's coal-fired facility at Dutch Gap to less than 5% solids and less than 2% sulfur. What is sent into the atmosphere from the power-generation process is a cloud. Thats right, a cloud. Water vapor.
I have video of the top of the stack on my vox site. Thats clean energy friends and neighbors.
We have it now, right here in the Old Dominion.
Now before you left wing tree hugging nutjob enviro-nazis start calling me a shill for the power industry, let me tell you what I do.
I'm an inspector. I am a Third Party Special Inspector to be precise. I verify compliance with approved construction documents and the 2003 International Building Code under Chapter 17. I answer to the Internationl Code Council and my Project Manager.

Labels: , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home