Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The new Petraeus hearings - why do we bother?

I was going to blog about the new, ever so important, Petraeus hearings. But, after seeing the news throughout the web, I thought, "Why bother?" All of it is so predictable. All of it is so meaningless.

Congress will continue to bitch and do nothing, either in support or against.

The assorted persons attempting to be "presidential" will establish their positions:
Obama - its was all a mistake! We must a) leave now! b) leave later! c) talk with our enemies and negotiate! Negotiate what, he never says..... I think its a surrender. On our part.

Clinton - We must leave - whenever we can that won't make me look bad. We need to be in there until just before I become President! Don't you know I was for the war before I was against...oops, wrong candidate.

McCain - Did you know I was in Viet...oops, did it again. We must stay the course....damn, wrong man again.... We must continue the fight! Close Gitmo!....

And I won't even get into the crap the rest of the Senators are doing. Schumer and Levin are doing everything they can to call the General a liar..... and hear themselves talk...

General Petraeus: We need to stay until we need to come home. I support a troop drawdown....as long as we can keep the troop levels up where we need them. What the f**k are you talking about Senator Kennedy? Oops, no, that's just wishful thinking....


See, did it without subjecting myself to the hearings.....

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home