Sunday, January 27, 2008

Who do we vote FOR? Candidates positions spreadsheet

UPDATE: link goes directly to candidate spreadsheet. Take a look.

This guy has done the work so YOU don't have to.


He's come up with a spread sheet of every candidate's positions. Check it out. Hope it helps.

"Now, with just eleven days until ‘Super Tuesday’, I am facing a quandry I have never faced before in my life.

Who the hell do I vote for?

I have been voting in presidential elections since 1984, which means I have voted in six previous presidential elections. Each election cycle I would take a look at the candidates and choose the best one for the job. That’s the way it should be, isn’t it? Shouldn’t we always vote for the person who best represents our own views, and who we trust to lead our nation? This process has always worked well for me, and it worked again this time, right up until the time that Fred dropped out of the race.

So now what? While I can name several reasons why I would not vote for any of the remaining candidates, I found that I could not name one single reason to support any of them. Fred was my only choice. Off the top of my head I had no idea which candidate I would support because I had no idea which candidate best represented my views.

While researching their positions I stayed away from their official websites as I did not want their campaign rhetoric to get in the way of how they truly stand on an issue. I spent hours on Google, Yahoo, congressional record & political action sites, as well as blogs searching for quotes and voting records from each of the candidates to compile my list. I sat at the computer for over 6 hours working on the list and what I came up with was a concise, easy to read, spreadsheet that told me at a glance how each candidate compared to the others."

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home