Saturday, October 20, 2007

What Will You Do For Them

Friends, I know eveyone is constantly bombarded with requests for money, send stuff there, send stuff here. I hate it. I hate being asked and I hate asking.

What I hate even more is finding out a soldier is cold or hungry. Yeah yeah, it goes with the job..but we can do something to help. We can make the desolate hopeful. We can do the work SOME politicians WON'T do.

We know how. We have the resources. We have the will. We know how to make a difference in the lives of the soldiers deployed on the front lines of the War on Terror. The men of the 173rd 2-503 and the 1st 91 are on the front lines of the fight to end the terror. They are taking the heat for us, and no one has asked us to sacrifice one single thing.

With the surge in Iraq working, Al-Qeda is going to cut their losses and re-focus their efforts on the Afghan-Pakistan region. That means these men will be working even harder. They will be facing the evil that murdered 3,000 innocent people on 11 September 2001. They will be the ones with the bulls-eyes on their backs. They will die for us if asked.

WHAT WILL YOU DO FOR THEM??????

TankerBabe and I are doing everything we can with the resources we have, and I want to thank everyone who has stepped up and made a difference.

But we need more. I'm sorry, but the fact is WE NEED MORE. We need more balaclavas, more scarves, more socks, more boots, more blankets. We need them NOW. We needed them yesterday.

PLEASE, for the sake of these brave men standing 12,000 feet on a mountain, do what you know is right. Help us take care of these brave warriors. No one else will. The politicians sure as hell won't.

IF NOT US, WHO? IF NOT NOW, WHEN???
Winter is coming. The Afghan mountains are brutal. Suppose it was your son? Your husband?

You know what? They are. Everyone of those men is family. We need to treat them like family.

I emailed Scott Lee this morning at 0630 while I was rolling North to DC. Emailing at 80 MPH is true mulit-tasking. Include a pdf conversion in that and you're really smoking. I was out of signal range before I heard anything. Scott, if you read this, trust me, it's for real. That flyer I sent you has my work address and the company I work for. Check me out. Trust but verify.

Her's a link to USCavalry, and a portion of the money spent will be directed to other military charities. How sweet is that? You get to help a whole bunch of brave Americans protecting us and you don't even have to leave the house. It doesn't get any easier or any better than that.
I have added a shipping address on my site.

Now, just to make it even easier, here's a few links to the gear on USCav that the soldiers have asked us for:
Balaclavas
Gaiters
You can scroll down on these pages and if you're so inclined, there are some other winter items they could use.
For the price of a dinner out, you could outfit one soldier with gear to keep him warm and alert while he's doing his job protecting us by ridding the world of the scum-sucking islamo-fascists who, if given the opportunity, would kill every American they could.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home