Sunday, July 22, 2007

Va Says You Don't Speak For Me Cindy Sheehan

Over the last few days, Cindy-It's-All-About-Me-Sheehan has been staging poorly attended protests in several Virginia localities; 100 to 150 in Lynchburg, 200 to 250 in Charlottesville and 75 to 100 anti-America attendees in Richmond.

In Lynchburg and Charlottesville she was also greeted by crowds of Patriots, determined to let the media and the rest of Virginia know that Cindy & Co. do not speak for US.

My husband and I attended the Charlottesville event. SWACgirl and Journal of the Common Man provide excellent coverage and I hope you click the links to read it.

UVA law student Josh Levy and Albemarle GOP Chairman Keith Drake did an excellent job mustering the troops. Cindy definitely got the message as did the media attending.

A few highlights for me:
  • It was a pleasure to meet a handsome young soldier, soon to be leaving for Iraq, and his beautiful girl friend and her mom. God speed, sir.

  • During the "Kilt Girl" dust up, I bumped into Bubba! I had linked to his website recently, so it was a pleasant surprise to meet him there. And Bubba, if you are reading this, Concretebob remembers meeting you at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. BTW, I still owe you a beer.

  • I joined in Cindy's chant: "Impeach Pelosi!" and yelled at the end, "Impeach all democrats!" (in a white gloves, lady-like way of course) Got a few laughs with that one.

  • There were some great people there and it was a pleasure to meet some of them and share a bit of our stories. A couple of people I met follow the Virginia blogs and comment from time to time.

  • One brave lady was there to support her son who has finished 3 tours in the Middle East.

  • There was something tremendously satisfying and hopeful for me, as the mom of an active duty soldier, to see so many Americans enthusiastically defending our Troops.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home