Friday, May 25, 2007

Just Wondering… Election ’08 Watch

I have a question: For the Rudy, Romney, and McCain supporters – if a candidate that is farther to the right than either of these men gets the “nod” for the party’s presidential run, will you support that candidate, or will you stay home? Seriously. Now is the time to answer this question.

I seriously find myself leaning toward Duncan Hunter. As of now, he is the candidate that is closest to my own beliefs as a conservative. Huckabee and Tancredo are in the running for my vote but they are farther back, and Fred Thompson still has not officially announced that he will run.

Often, those of us with more conservative views are told that we have to give up our candidate because we need to chase Democrat voters or the mysterious “middle of the road” voter. If the primary gives Duncan Hunter as the Republican candidate, will those “moderate” Republicans follow the advice they have given us over the years, or will they subject their more moderate beliefs in favor of a stronger stance to save us from a “President Hillary” or “President Hussein?”

I need to know.

Labels: , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home