Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Another Pretty Face

If you are conservative, you’ve probably learned to approach things with a good bit of skepticism. If so, you are in luck; I’m far from being another pretty face. Despite being small and somewhat furry, I can be rather grim at times. Hopefully I can provide a meaningful contribution to this site. I’m certainly in good company.

I found my way here by a rather circuitous route. The best I can recall, I found out about a local counter-protest in Richmond on the third anniversary of Operation Iraqi Freedom, via FreeRepublic.com. I was referred to the FR site by a friend who lost her Marine son in a car accident that occurred stateside while he was heading back to base, just prior to a third deployment to Iraq. I went to the event because it was held at Monroe Park at VCU, which my son attended until he was deployed to Iraq with the Marines. I felt it was my duty to be there, as my son would have done, had he not been killed in action in January of 2005. That’s where I met ConcreteBob, FMcDonald and F22Strike.

So there you know a little about me and why I’m here.

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home