Friday, March 09, 2007

A Few Words About Scarlet O’ Hillary

A couple of people have asked me about presidential wanna-be Hillary and her attempt at a southern accent in Selma over the weekend. I know all about it. I hadn’t mentioned anything about it, I guess, because I am not surprised. Things like that (with white liberals at the helm in black churches and “civil rights” organizations) happen all the time. White liberals go into black assemblies all the time and make fools of themselves to try and “relate” and be “like us.”


I do care that it happens. As a matter of fact, it frosts me each time I hear about some new stupid outrage that politicians like Hillary do to be “down” with her dark-skinned audience. But surprised at it? No, not at all. I would be far more interested in the responses of her audience, than what she says.

I keep looking for signs that black liberals and those who hold the Democratic Party dear, are at least feigning outrage at the lame attempts at “urbanizing” their speech and mannerisms when before black audiences. Surely, if this had come from one on the opposite side of their political spectrum the reception would not be warm. One can close their eyes and imagine the headlines that would ensue after this type of political gaff. But, I continue to wait: no rage, no indignation, no calls for an apology, nor calls for comments form the estate of the late Reverend James Cleveland (whom Hillary did a ****-poor job of imitating.) Jessie Jackson and Al “don’t mess the hair” Sharpton are nowhere to be found. Nope, the world goes on for liberals as if nothing happened, and conservatives sit back and wonder who they have to pay-off to get this kind of break. I have no answer for them, other than to say that those who could (and should’ve) been insulted seemed to like it. As a matter of fact, a lot of those present applauded and encouraged the scandal.

Anyway, as I said, don’t take my silence as complicity in this case. My reaction is a thinly veiled yawn to Hillary, and dashed hopes, again, that some of my more liberal people may one day not greet liberal silliness with laughter and encouragement, but with the silence and ostracizing that it deserves.

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home