Saturday, December 16, 2006

Courtesy Of The Red, White and Blue

Whether I'm cleaning house or cleaning blog (updating links & such tonight), it helps to have energizing music in the background.

Check out the video on Yankeemom's blog.

I first heard this song as we were driving home in June, 2002 after leaving our son with his recruiter the night before he left for Paris Island, S.C. I think I cried all the way back to Powhatan.

Toby Keith's dad lost his right eye during some training. Our son almost lost his left eye before he got anywhere near Iraq. He recovered enough vision to visit the Sand Box, tho'. His dad and I think he memorized the eye chart. Oddly enough, he could shoot a whole lot better after the injury.

Enjoy the song and video. I hope Yankeemom leaves it up forever.

Hat tip to Brat at Tanker Brothers.

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home