Monday, September 11, 2006

Freedom Walk 2006 &
Support Our Troops Rally

United Conservatives of Virginia
Yesterday I was priveleged to take part in the Freedom Walk in our Nation's capitol surrounded by friends I have made over the past year, and the heroes I have met, and who now call me friend.
I was greeted as an equal, and the experience, as it always is for me, was very humbling.
The College Republicans from George Washington University were there and immediately incorporated our group into theirs.
They had spent the previous day with Senator George Allen.
Looking over the newest crop of freshman, youngsters with the same philosophy as this old Jarhead, the future leaders and decision makers of the conservative movement, I felt that our country was in pretty good hands.
General Peter Pace, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the FIRST United States Marine to hold that position, spoke to the crowd. He encouraged all of us to look for ways to support the efforts of our military, our first responders, and those who are less fortunate, and to NEVER EVER forget that day in 2001 when our world and our lives changed forever.
No danger of that happening.
It was a good day to be Washington DC, in spite of the presence of the moonbats over at camp democracy.

Now on to new events.

The DC Chapter of FreeRepublic, the DC Chapter of Protest Warrior, and the Coastal Jersey Chapter of Protest Warrior will hold their second annual Support the Troops Rally in Washington DC on 22 and 23 September.
This also coincides with the 10th anniversary of the founding of FreeRepublic.com.
All the people I now call friends, all the people who have helped me make a difference over the past year, I met at the FIRST Support the Troops Rally in 2005.
It has been a helluva year, FRiends. We have done a lot of good things.
Thanks to the encouragement and support of all of you, I have made a difference. We put the DC Chapter of Protest Warrior in the forefront. We "kicked code pink to the curb" and we let the wounded know that there are people who care about them, and appreciate the sacrfices they have made.
And people noticed.
I'm still trying to decide if that's a good thing. ;) Some of the emails I have received are totally whacked, but that means we got to them, and we hurt them.

The weekend of the 22nd we will be "Rocking the House".

It starts Friday night at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 7200 Georgia Ave. NW.

It continues on the 23rd with a Troop Support Rally at the Sylvan Theater, which is located at the corner of 15th Street and Independence Ave.
Kristinn has lined up some great speakers, and there will be "special guests" in attendence.

I would like every member of our little group to be in attendence, but I understand if you can't make both events.
Try to make the Troop Rally on Saturday the 23rd.
I rarely, if ever, ask for anything, especially donations, but Kristinn needs some help.
Clicking the link in the title will take you to the thread on FR. From there you can link to the website for the rally. Anything you can spare will be appreciated and put to good use.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home