Saturday, June 10, 2006

My reaction to the "Godless"

As our friend and fellow great American, Sean Hannity, would say … it’s only X# of days till the election. This blog-spot will provide ammo and targets in the battle for the conscience and future of this country. Today I write to recommend a bit of encouragement that will sustain the social conservatives among us.

I had the pleasure of listening to a self-recorded CD titled “Songs from My Heart” by Ms. Mildred Helbert Statzer (276-669-1805). I hadn't listened to Carter Family style gospel in quite awhile and this CD was a very pleasant surprise. I was reminded of Sunday afternoon at my grandparent’s house. My PaPa would have loved it. This music is pure “Americana” in the same way that Appalachian gospel and the Peidmont blues are.

The first track is titled “It’s No Wonder America is Dead.” It grabbed my heart and tapped all the pain that the downward moral spiral and nanny-nonsense had lodged there. Fast on it’s heels came the reassurance that we are not alone and there are answers. When you’re between the battles and need a little pick-me-up, nothing will restore your perspective like “Old Songs of Praise” and “The Good Life”.

The death-cult gets on a roll and I struggle to reconcile myself to walking in hope and faith in spite of dismay and disgust. I don’t know where Ms Coulter’s “Godless…” get their encouragement but I know where I can go without fail. I offer my thanks to Ms Statzer for pursuing her dream and sharing her heart. If that isn’t what American freedom is about, then I don’t know what is…
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home