Monday, June 26, 2006

Fantastic Movie: "The Island"

I missed this movie when it came out in 2005 probably because it was billed as a sci-fi action flick. The Island, in my opinion, ranks up there with United 93 and Passion of the Christ.

The original screenwriter is Caspian Tredwell-Owen. The genius of the movie is the way in which he uses the euphemisms and language relating to certain issues of our time and fast-forwards it into the future with incredible results. Visually, the film is beautiful. The action sequences high impact.

When I first watched this movie I didn't bother to even read the box it came in and had no expectations. I highly recommend it for teenagers. The message is on point and they will love the action.

It blew my socks off!
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home