Sunday, May 13, 2012

2012 Milblog Conference New Friends & 3 Degrees of Separation

A memorable weekend at the 7th Annual Milblog Conference. Congratulations to all of this years winners of the coveted Milbloggie Award. onemarinesview.com won the Best Marine Corps blog, and as the Major is busy with "force protection" and could not be there, he tasked his default XO to pick the award up for him. I now have two. Both of them his. He swears he'll come by and get them "soon". I was a Marine once for a bit, "soon" does not mean the same thing in civilian as it does in devildog.

I was very pleasantly surprised when my counter-part from the San Diego Chapter of Protest Warrior, the immutable Cmdr Smash appeared on my six. I hadn't seen the Cmdr since he TDY'd to DC in 2007 after pwng the moonbats in Balboa Park, much in the same way I pwnd Susie Q and SEIU at Walter Reed in January of 2006. Smash ran a con on the moonbats in Deigo that was a thing of beauty. He had 'em walking down the road, kicking beer cans and mumbling.

We raised several beers (and I forgot how many Margaritas) to good times, lost comrades and future efforts. I had to give him a ride home and passed on to him a quart of my world-famous, eat from the jar with a spoon BBQ Sauce.

I have to give some props to the young lady from 20th Century Fox and "Act of Valor" for the very generous donation of some books and hats to use at the upcoming fundrasiser on Tuesday at O'Tooles. These are some damn fine hats. Very well made heavy polished cotton. The books are the paperback edition of the story of "Act of Valor". We had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Scott Waugh, the director of "Act of Valor". Great person.

If you are one of those who has not seen "Act of Valor" yet, WTF are you waitin on? The DVD and Blu-Ray will be out in a week or two. Buy a copy. You won't regret spending the money, or the time.

The usual suspects were on hand, and more than a few were conspicuous in their absence.

Neptunis Lex was honored as he deserved to be.
Michael Yon was douched as he deserves to be.
|

1 Comments:

Blogger Cargosquid said...

I'm sorry that I couldn't make it. Just had way too much to do this weekend. Maybe next year.

May 13, 2012 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home